Cupping Notes: Good sweetness, chocolate notes, soft acidity, medium body, nice smokey notes.
Rainforest Alliance • Strictly High Grown • European Preparation
This is one of Lalico Coffee's Top 5 Favourites, and I highly recommend trying this one, especially if you're still searching for a great coffee you can drink any time of day.
- Growing Altitude: 1350 + m.a.s.l.
- Arabica Variety: Bourbon, Pacas, Catimor
- Harvest Period: January – March
- Milling Process: Washed, Sun and Mechanically dried
FREE delivery within the UK! Contact us for discounted prices for 6kg+.
Choose green beans for home roasting, roasted-to-order whole beans or freshly roasted ground coffee. Roasted within 48-hours of placing your order and posted the following day. Heat-sealed In a one-way valved bag, our 250g and 500g bags are resealable for lasting freshness.
- RFA (Rainforest Alliance) standards are intended to protect the environment and the rights of workers.
- SHG (Strictly High Grown) specifies that the coffee was grown at an altitude of around 1350 meters. Coffee grown at a higher altitude and lower temperature produces a slower maturing fruit and a denser bean, which creates a more desirable speciality cup.
- EP (European Preparation) specifies that the raw beans are all hand sorted to remove any defective beans and foreign material.
El Salvador has come a long way as one of the most efficient coffee producers in the world. By 1880 gourmet coffee had become the prominent export crop passing indigo. Since coffee was in such high demand, the Government introduced legislation such as tax breaks for farmers and eliminating export duties for coffee producers. This led to the development of roads and railways, leading to farms, and integrating indigenous communities into the national economy.
This coffee type boasts a classic cup. It is speciality coffee (SHG), and it's also Rainforest Alliance certified. To be RFA certified means having standards intended to protect the environment and workers' rights. This certification allows the farmers to have a sustainable farm-management system, control costs, gain efficiencies, improve crop quality, and maintain the wildlife habitat. In sum, the certification ensures consumers that the Rainforest Alliance certified coffee that they drink supports the sustainable supply and demonstrates the importance of responsible coffee sourcing.
By purchasing your speciality coffee from Lalico Coffee, you support small farms producing high-quality coffees under the Fairtrade Federation and Rainforest Alliance initiatives.
Our coffee is hand-roasted for you. Every batch is individually profile roasted with care. Every coffee has different characteristics, and therefore its individual profile is replicated, keeping this high quality consistent.
We want you to try new flavours, so we often send free samples to experiment with.
Lalico Coffee supplies artisan coffees to individuals, cafés, restaurants and hotels. Please contact us directly for our best quantity discount prices.